Inspired by Wes Bos' Uses page - the hardware and software I use for web development on a daily basis.
- Dell Optiplex 9020 with Windows 10 Professional (i7 8 Core, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
- 3x Dell UltraSharp U2715H 27" LED monitor
- Mac mini (2018) as a secondary computer for playing music and browser testing mainly.
- Apple Wired Keyboard with numeric keypad
- Elecom EX-G L Bluetooth Mouse
- Logitech C626 HD Webcam
- VS Code for code editing. Check some of my favourite extensions
- Edge is my favourite browser. Check out some of my favourite extensions
- Beyond Compare 4 Professional for uploading static site content to Amazon S3
- GitHub Desktop App
- Slack for team chat
- Gulp for build scripts
I occasionally work on macOS too with most of the above and also:
When I’m on the move I use:
- iPhone SE 2nd Generation
- iPad Pro 10.5" with Apple Wireless keyboard
- Panic Code Editor Text Editor and File Manager
- Chrome Remote Desktop for the times when I need to remote-control my PC
Other notable office equipment:
- Sony SRS-X9 Bluetooth Hi-Res Speaker
- Audio Technica S200BT
- Apple Airport Extreme Wireless Base Station
- Magic Eagle Large Professional Gaming Mouse Pad
- Anker Qi Wireless Charger for my iPhone SE (2nd Gen)
- Apple One Services Bundle - I use Apple Music daily, and occassionally enjoy Apple TV+ shows, Apple Arcade games, use 1TB of iCloud storage and read News+ and Fitness+ daily
- Bitwarden excellent open-source password management (only $10 per year for Premium features)
- Browserstack Cross-device testing
- Coil - reward the content creators on the web, free from advertising for just $5 per month.
- GitHub Pro - Well worth $48 per year for GitHub Pages, traffic stats and all the other benefits.
- Wise - great service for transferring money between currencies at very low rates (Affiliate link - get £15 off with first transfer)